At Early Stages (DCPS), the health and safety of families and staff remain our top priority. Our practices follow guidance from DC Health and the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE). Please review the information below to prepare for your in-person appointment at one of our centers.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Before your appointment at Early Stages:
- Note only 1 adult and 1 child are allowed at the appointment.
- Make sure you and your child have an appropriate mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- Confirm that you and/or your child.
- Have not been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- Do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or shortness of breath).
- Are not required to quarantine for any reason.
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
YOUR ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
When you arrive at the center, you and your child will:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Undergo a health screening.
- Be provided with a mask, if necessary.
- Walker Jones: enter through the New Jersey Ave NW entrance and take the elevator to the third floor.
- MN Avenue (DOES): enter through the main entrance at 4058 Minnesota Ave NE
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
During your appointment, you and your child will:
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the evaluation area.
- Stay 6 feet apart from all other individuals.
- Continue wearing a face mask.
- Not eat or drink.
WHEN TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
If any of the following apply, please call to reschedule your appointment:
- You are unable to meet the 1 adult and 1 child limit.
- You and/or your child
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- Have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or shortness of breath).
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of your appointment.
- Are required to quarantine for any reason.
Download the above information, along with our COVID-19 Health Symptom Screening Document in the following languages here: