Each evaluation team, including the parent/guardian, will decide whether there is a need for an in-person evaluation. If you are a parent/guardian with an in-person appointment, please read the information below for guidance.
YOUR IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT
At Early Stages (DCPS), the health and safety of families and staff remain our top priority. Our practices follow guidance from DC Health and the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Before your appointment at Early Stages:
- Note only 1 adult and 1 child are allowed at the appointment.
- Make sure you and your child have an appropriate mask.
- Confirm that you and/or your child
- Have not been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- Do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or shortness of breath).
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Are not required to quarantine as a result of travel to a high-risk area.
YOUR ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
When you arrive at the center, you and your child will:
- Use the Pierce Street entrance of Walker Jones Educational Campus.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Undergo a temperature check and health screening.
- Be provided with a mask, if necessary.
- Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, where staff will guide you to an evaluation room.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
During your appointment, you and your child will:
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the evaluation area.
- Stay 6 feet apart from all other individuals.
- Continue wearing a face mask.
- Not eat or drink.
WHEN TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
If any of the following apply, please call to reschedule your appointment:
- You are unable to meet the 1 adult and 1 child limit.
- You and/or your child
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- Have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or shortness of breath).
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
- Are required to quarantine as a result of travel to a high-risk area.
Download this information below.